ACT lighting Design works in 3 different sectors: Architecture, Entertainment & Art and is currently looking for a Project Lighting Designer to join its architectural lighting design department.
You should have an understanding and appreciation of lighting design with a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role in a lighting design office. A master’s degree in Lighting Design is preferred.
The candidate should demonstrate the ability to adapt and commit to a flexible workplace. With the headquarters in Brussels (BE) you will be part of a team working in the office, and taking part in site visits, while carrying out local and international projects from concept to completion.
You are motivated, you can lead your team independently, follow your directors and efficiently run the project through all its stages while demonstrating a good level of creative and technical competence.
The candidate is able to sketch and should be an experienced user of Photoshop, Dialux (or similar) & AutoCAD. The candidate isa ble to communicate oraly and in written form in English (experience in other languages is an advantage) and have good interpersonal and communication skills and be committed to deadlines.
We offer salary and incentive schemes depending on experience and ability, as well as an interesting and multifaceted variety of work.
Candidates should apply with a CV and cover letter/email, along with a portfolio of their own work relevant to described role and abilities (examples of sketch, renderings, LD calculations, Autocad, technical drawings etc)
If you are interested, we will be glad to hear from you. Please send your application to: email@example.com
We were published in « Bright 2: Architectural Illumination and Light Installations » with our dynamic light art installation « Tree rings ».
« Bright 2″ book by Frame Magazine is an inspirational and comprehensive volume on architectural illumination and light installations.
Drone Apps, an invitation-only event held in Switzerland annually, is a forum where leading end-users meet inventors and regulators to discuss the newest opportunities and current issues of the drone industry.
Along cutting-edge presentations and thought-provoking panels, the event provides ample opportunities for networking, informal meetings and serendipitous discoveries in an intimate and neutral environment conducive to exchange and collaboration.
Vous l’avez peut-être remarqué en levant les yeux vers le beffroi: il brille désormais de mille feux. Plus de 150 projecteurs de lampes LED ont été installés tout le long de la colonne durant 2 semaines. Cet habillage lumineux restera en place durant toute l’année 2015. Il a été imaginé par Koert Vermeulen, light-designer anversois qui conçoit des installations comme celles-là partout dans le monde. Le nouveau visage du beffroi a été inauguré ce dimanche soir 4 janvier.
More infos here.
Nationa(a)l is back and this year with Lighting Design & Digital Arts disciplines !
Young belgian talents unite & answer the open call !
more info : nationalstore.be
- ACTLD works in 3 different sectors, entertainment, art &architecture, our needs are a bit different from traditional LD offices
– Languages are a must, at least 2 languages is mandatory, English must be one of them, and your written skills must be very good in that. If you have French on top, that is golden, and if you have additional languages on top you go for Diamond.
– Skills must include Acad, Photoshop, Indesign, Office tools, Mac or PC, we welcome both. Knowledge of the basic Web 2.0 tools are a must, as are social media and the collaborative tools
– If your angle is architecture, then Dialux, Sketchup, hand sketching and some graphic skills are highly appreciated. If you are more entertainment orientated, then Video soft like Final Cut Pro and the Adobe toolbox like After FX is a proven advantage. 3D software gets you a step forward. And knowledge of lighting console’s like Grand MA, E:Que and others make you almost to good to resist.
– Passion for this industry is a major driving force. Going away to other countries is a must, especially the more exotic locations. Frequent travel is a part of you and you always have a bag ready next to your desk to depart in a moment’s notice
– A master’s degree in Lighting Design at one of the better schools (Wismar, KTH, …) is a basic requirement for the archi guys.Or you have at least 5 years of experience in Lighting Design in a similar LD studio. Show us your need for adaption and your aptitude for flexibility.
– You can handle stress, are good tempered, have good social skills, can work on 10 different tasks at once and still be focused on 1 thing. You can lead your team, and follow your directors. You can cope with difficult clients and ignorent suppliers. You are a partner in the project team, you share knowledge and go the extra mile to get the job done and perform always above the expectations.
– You are interested in technology, art, design, literature, architecture…
Make us dream/wonder/crave/ and hire you….
If you are interested, please contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
« Puy du Fou and ACT have leapfrogged over Disney to become drone technology pioneers. »
A quote by Jack Rouse Associates in their Blog about « Drones in the Entertainment Industry. »
See the full article for more information : HERE
We are looking for a project lighting designer. If you are motivated and have min 3 years of experience we will be glad to hear from you. Please contact & send your portfolio at: email@example.com
We are looking for a senior lighting designer. If you are motivated and have min 5 years of experience we will be glad to hear from you. Please contact & send your portfolio at: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Friday 17, October at the PLDC Conference in Istanbul, Koert Vermeulen will be a key speaker with the topic on « The big picture: working on complex projects ». More info here.
We are happy to announce our collaboration with Nationa(a)l & creation of an original lighting scenography for this great event !
Have a look at the National Pop Up Store program & meet us there
We were commissioned by SIGP La Plagne for the feasibility study and proposal of the basic & advanced functional and event lighting of the BOB Experience – The Olympic Bobsleigh Track.
For the very first time, our team went for the extreme sensations and experience the venue from the users’ point of view. From now on – we’re true fans!
OPENING EVENT: 21st of November, 2012 – Come to meet us!
Koert Vermeulen will be a keynote speaker at « Lights on 2012″ in Sao Paulo, Brazil Event organized by Philips.